Proof of financial dependence
The Belgian Immigration Office assesses whether you, as a family member, are financially dependent on the EU citizen, based on the supporting documents you submit and your personal circumstances.
The Immigration Offcie may take the following documents and criteria into account:
- proof of active and financial support from the EU citizen (bank statements, transfers, etc.).
- proof of current means of subsistence of the EU citizen being joined
- a certificate from the Public Centre for Social Welfare (
- proof of insolvency in the country of origin
- proof that you were already a dependant in the country of origin
- other documents which demonstrate your financial dependency
Articles 40bis and 47/3 of the Act of 15 December 1980 on access to the territory, residence, settlement and removal of foreign nationals.
infodesk [at] ibz.fgov.be